gtk_combo_box with a specialized top line

Hello,

I'm having a hard time trying to phrase my question, let's try an example:
1) I have a drop down entry combo box with two entries Systemwide, and Browse for program
2) If I select Browse for program, it'll bring up a browse window
3) I want to display the selected program name in the entry field of the combo box, however I do not want it to show up in the drop down list.

How would I go about accomplishing #3? I have tried using a filter model, however, if I add the selected program into the model, and have it filtered out, I can't have it as the entry line! Is it possible to retrieve the entry widget of the combo box so I can call gtk_entry_set_text with it?

Eric