Re: Dialog boxes in seperate thread

2008/5/2 David Conley (FRD) <dconley frd co uk>:
Hmmm thats annoying. In this case the thread needs to pause and wait for
user input so triggering the dialog in the root thread would allow the
worker thread to continue without the required user input.

I'd split the thread into separate parts that can run without
interaction, then do all user stuff in the main GUI thread.

You can do gtk calls from separate threads, but you have to add a lot
of thread_enter()/_leave() calls to maintain a global lock. And for
various technical reasons I don't understand (something to do with
window and thread ownership I think) your program will then not run on
windows.

John