Re: How to know which signals go with which widgets

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Gregory Hosler <ghosler redhat com> wrote:

 HI all,

 if I look up the documentation on a particular widget, at the bottom of the devhelp page
 there is documentation on which signals it supports.

 I'm looking for the inverse.

 I have a UI and i need a "leave-notify-event", so I wish to know which widgets can I
 attach this particular signal to.

Hi, in the documentation you can find the object heirarchy and what objects that
every object derive from, and what interfaces it implements.

All signals of implemented interfaces and derived objects are valid for the
given object.

The "*-event" signals that originate from the base widget class (GtkWidgetClass)
are ofcourse then, available for all widgets.

The event signals are particular in the sense that they represent
events that come
from the Gdk backend - you must ensure that the widget has the proper
event masks
in order to receive the coresponding event signals.

Cheers,
                   -Tristan