Video overlay problem

Hi folks,

I'm writing a video player in gtk using mplayer as the back end.
The video is displayed in the gtk application using a gtksocket and -wid mplayer switch. I want to use a gtknotebook widget to allow me to switch between a video tab and other information tabs. However if I switch tabs and then restart mplayer the video appears in the new tab.
It looks like the video is being overlayed over all tabs.
The only widget that it doesn't get overlayed on is a gtktextview widget.

Any ideas on how I can ensure the video is only ever seen in its own tab ?

Regards

Colm A

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for
the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose,
copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications s3group com Thank You.
Silicon and Software Systems Limited. Registered in Ireland no. 378073.
Registered Office: South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18