Re: OpenGL, GtkGlArea, GtkGLExt

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 13:03:04 Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 19:37 +0000, Jon Harrop wrote:
I'm not sure who you are referring to as "we" but many people need little
beyond GlArea. I have no desire to create Gtk-compatible widgets. I only
want to render general graphics quickly and easily using OpenGL.

Yes, what you want is "to render general graphics quickly and easily
using OpenGL".  What you don't want is GlArea. Tell us (developers) what you
need instead of what *you* think the solution is.

We would like compatibility with GLArea.

In the current plan, you will simply use GtkDrawingArea or any other
widget you like instead of GlArea.  It's the same level of API, just
works with any widget.

Provided it is either compatible with GLArea or working OCaml bindings are
created, that is fine.