Re: Best way to get data from an http URL

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 16:55 -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

I'm looking at trying to get a simple xml file back from a web site and
I'm wondering if glib has anything that can do that for me, or do I need
to go to another lib like libsoup. Any recommendations?

glib's gio can do this. Just create a GFile for the URI:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/stable/GFile.html#g-file-new-for-uri

Then you could use g_file_read() or g_file_read_async(). Then you could
use g_input_stream_read_all() or g_input_stream_read_async().

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com