Re: Windows over Windows

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:50:30 +0000 dhk wrote:

I like the hide idea, but when I try to hide the main window nothing
happens.  The basic logic I'm using to try to hide the main window
when a new window pops up after selecting from the menu in the main
window is: GtkWidget
*tlwin=gtk_widget_get_toplevel(GTK_WIDGET(menuitem));
gtk_widget_hide(tlwin);

Any ideas why the main window is still there?

The toplevel of a menu item is the GtkMenu it's in, not your window.
Assuming I'm understanding correctly what you're doing here, that is.

        -brian