Re: Slow treemodel loading

Damien Caliste wrote:

Hello,

If I'm not wrong, you may be interested with
gtk-list-store-insert-with-values() function:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkListStore.html#gtk-list-store-insert-with-values

Thank you for your suggestion.  The documentation is characteristically
ambiguous, so I can't tell whether this function would solve the problem.
The documentation says that the function does not emit the rows_reordered
signal, but it does not say that the list store is not resorted.  Perhaps
suppressing the rows_reordered signal also suppresses sorting, but I don't
find that crucial detail documented anywhere.  In any case,
insert_with_values does not appear to be available in PyGTK, which is what
I am actually using.

This problem with list stores seems serious to me, so I am surprised that
Gtk suffers from it.
--
Jeffrey Barish