Re: How do I use the fullscreen in a gtkmm app?

Garth's KidStuff wrote:
Hi All,

   I notice that quite a few apps (firefox, gimp, terminal, etc. -- but not
   gedit, huh?) have the option to toggle fullscreen mode in their view menu
   using the F11 key.  How would I implement this in my Gtkmm app?
Connect the key_press_event to your top window, ot to a drawing area,
and then prepare a callback along these lines (sorry, C code):

#include <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h>

void function_handle_key_press (GtkWidget *widget,
GdkEventKey *event, void *data)
{
GtkWidget *window = (GtkWindow *) data; /* this is just a simple example */
static int fullscreen = FALSE;

switch (event->keyval)
 {
 case GDK_F11:
 if (fullscreen == FALSE)
   {
   gdk_window_raise (window->window);
   hide decorations;
   gtk_window_fullscreen (GTK_WINDOW (window));
   fullscreen = TRUE;
   }
 else
   {
   show decorations;
   gtk_window_unfullscreen (GTK_WINDOW (window));
   fullscreen = FALSE;
   }
 break;
 }