Re: How do I disable automatic drag and drop between GtkEntry widgets?

I've finally discovered a workaround to my problem.  It is not ideal, but
it works for us for now.

Unsetting the drag source and drag dest doesn't stop the effect, it just
makes the drop not work anywhere.
Returning TRUE to a handler for drag_begin seemed to do nothing.
I effectively disabled drag and drop completely for the entire gtk
application by setting the "gtk-dnd-drag-threshold" property to a value
greater than the screen width.  This works for me for now.

If we ever need to do drag and drop in this application I will have to
revisit this problem. After reviewing months of messages I found a few
other people trying to disable
this automatic drag-and-drop between entry widgets, but they didn't get
any helpful answer, either.  I hope that this workaround, though not a
solution, may help some of those people.

Kurt M. Bruhnke
Rockwell-Collins Simulation & Training Solutions