XML and treeviews

I've add to a program an option to view an XML tree on a TreeView, it works
well except for one thing, the XML close tag </tag> of container tags. I've
not found a way to display it in a acceptable way, at the moment I don't
show it at all, that it's the best solution I can implement on a TreeView.

The problem is that the close tag should stay at the same TreeView depth as
the open tag but it should be hidden if  the node is collapsed, an example
of what I'd like to perform is the XML view of XML Copy Editor (
http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net/) ... this is unfortunately written
with wx :)

Anyway let's try an ASCII example (may need fixed font) to show what I mean:

"node" expanded:

<root>
  o <node>
  |  |