Re: gtk-app-devel-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 31

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:31:33 -0500, Thomas Stover
<thomas wsinnovations com> wrote:

-I would recommend using the native postgresql library, libpq.

-The next thing to think about is what programming model to use -
synchronous, threaded, or asynchronous for the database side. If you go
with libpq then you can pick asynchronous, which fits in with gtk
paradigms nicely. Also that might be the only way to go for cross
platform unless you don't mind UI freezes that wait for network
operations. What you will end up with is a g_io_channel that feeds
PQconsumeInput().

you can send me an example code why use g_io_channel and PQconsumeInput()
i write an front end in gtk to postgresql in c
ciao
gerardo
http://www.gerardodiiorio.com