Re: Glib: Adding watch in the glib event poll

On January 25, 2008 01:45:40 pm Jacques Pelletier wrote:
Hi,

I want to do a customized input routine for specialized hardware plugged
into a parallel port. I don't have any device driver yet for this hardware.

I have to poll bits; in my case, if the BUSY bit = 0, there's a character
available on the data lines.

I made my own version of add watch routines by copying the giounix.c code
in glib and modifiying to my needs.

Here are my questions:

In giounix.c there is this:

GSourceFuncs g_io_watch_funcs = {
  g_io_unix_prepare,
  g_io_unix_check,
  g_io_unix_dispatch,
  g_io_unix_finalize
};

Do I need to modify the g_io_unix_check routine for my needs also?
static gboolean
g_io_unix_check (GSource  *source)
{
  GIOUnixWatch *watch = (GIOUnixWatch *)source;
  GIOCondition buffer_condition = g_io_channel_get_buffer_condition
(watch->channel);
  GIOCondition poll_condition = watch->pollfd.revents;

  return ((poll_condition | buffer_condition) & watch->condition);
}

If I use it as is, it doesn't call my read_function.
What is it supposed to check? While it's self documented, I don't get the
higher picture.

For the record, I managed to make it work by making a copy of  g_io_unix_check
and modifying for my needs. However, I don't know if it's "clean" code.

Here it is:
gboolean pt_8255_check    (GSource    *source)
{
  /* returns true if the /OBF line is asserted (==0) */
  return ((par_read_status(parallel_fd) & PAR_8255_RECV_MASK) == 0);

JP