Strange warning when adding gtk_status_bar to gtk_hbox

Hi all,

I'm in the process of porting an application from GTK 1.2 to GTK 2.12. One
thing I can't get behind is a warning I am getting concerning a
gtk_status_bar widget. The warning:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_set_cursor: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)'
failed

and it is issued by the following code:

  GtkWidget * _status_bar = gtk_statusbar_new();
  _status_bar = gtk_statusbar_new();
  gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox_status), _status_bar, TRUE, TRUE, 0); //
GDK warning

hbox_status is a gtk_hbox widget to which other widgets are added without
warning. The warning seems also to be pointless, as the status bar appears
where it should and is getting updated correctly. The application also makes
use of other status bar widgets (also packed in a hbox), which are all
created and added without warning.

Any clue what this is about (and how to get rid of it) is very much
appreciated.

Best regards,
                         Torsten