Re: GtkComboBoxEntry Vs GtkComboBox

Thanks Claudio.

I'm just wondering why do I use the GTK_COMBO_BOX macro and not the
GTK_COMBO_BOX_ENTRY macro?

Many thanks,

Peter.

On 23/01/2008, Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl> wrote:

El mar, 22-01-2008 a las 21:55 +1100, Peter E Dennis escribió:

So I wondered if I needed to cast my GtkComboBoxEntry to a GtkComboBox
but wasn't sure how to do this so I tried:

gtk_combo_box_append_text(GTK_COMBO(cboVocSource), "Hello World");

This however makes matters worse as I get the above warning still when
I compile it, but now when I run it I get:
$ ./box

(box:11338): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
`GtkComboBoxEntry' to `GtkCombo'

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You need to cast to a GtkComboBox, not to a GtkCombo. Use the
GTK_COMBO_BOX macro.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>