Re: gtk_entry_new and accented chars

Tor

for char ä i get this values
(((GdkEventKey*)event)->keyval  = 65506
(((GdkEventKey*)event)->keyval = 65111
(((GdkEventKey*)event)->keyval = 97

Well, apparently you don't have any 'ä' key on the keyboard, and are
entering the 'ä' character using a dead accent sequence. I.e. using
two keystrokes, first the (dead) diaeresis key, then 'a'. Each
GdkEventKey event corresponds to a physical key press or release, so
you don't have any key press that would correspond to the 'ä'
character as you don't have any 'ä' key on the keyboard.

If you print the keyvals in hex and look them up in gdkkeysyms.h, you
will see that:

65506 = 0xFFE2 = GDK_Shift_R
65111 = 0xFE57 = GDK_dead_diaeresis
97 = 0x61 = 'a'

If you desperately need to get the 'ä' using a single keystroke,
switch to a keyboard layout that has a 'ä' key...
Brasilian abnt2 dont have such keys, accents  chars is get by using
the accent key(~^´`¨) + one of the vogels
so their an way to get the 'ä' key on two strokes, otherwise, ill change the code to get the chars on two strokes by combining then

Also, your problem isn't exactly made easier by the fact that you
apparently try to turn GDK events into emulated Windows messages.
yes, since is an binding from gtk to xharbour
to me compatible with the windows version,i emulate the same windows message on gtk events

thanks for the answer
Regards
Luiz