Re: GTK Progress bar: assistance pls.

å 2008-01-07äç 12:21 +0530ïvijayasarathy setsindia netåéï
Hi All,

My name is Vijay, and I have been working with GTK [with glade] for the
last few months in making an UI for certain programs that we have
implemented.

The programs I am talking about are ones which keep running for hours
together. I want to use a progress bar which will keep showing the
progress of these program from time to time [wanted to have a time out
function which will automatically be invoked every now and then]. I do
this by having a variable called fraction which will be updated with the
proportion of work that has been completed. I write a function which will
keep invoking itself periodically, and inside the function, I want to read
this variable fraction, and update progress bar correspondingly.

Unfortunately, the example that is given in the GTK tutorial for a
progress bar doesnt address this practical need. It is only in the
periodically invoked function that the new value of fraction for the
progress bar is being updated. Hence it is easy in that case to be
updating progress bar.

Can you please let me know how this should be done.

It sounds like you want to update the progress according your
"progress", right?
I think you should define your own check point and then update the
progress bar manually. The gtk progress bar can't know your own logic.

Bin