Re: XF86AudioNext

Kevin DeKorte wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to capture the keypress when a user hits a key like XF86AudioNext

I have a keyboard handler for my window and I get events for keys like
F10 and 'a' and the Ctrl-x keys, but keys like XF86AudioNext don't seem
to be passed at all to my keyboard handler.

Is there something special I need to do in order to capture that keypress?

Maybe gnome intercepts it, look into gnome-control-center -> Personal -> Keyboard Shortcuts. That is done so you can always press the key, no matter which app has focus, and gnome automatically reroutes the key to the currently active sound player (sonata in my case, not sure whether rhythmbox or amarok supports that).

tom