GtkTextView Vs GtkText

Hi,

I am little aware of these two widget. But got struck
at setting font and setting style to GtkText.

1)
I understand how to set font to the GtkTextView
  [  PangoFontDescription *font_desc;
     font_desc = pango_font_description_from_string
                       ("Courier,Medium 12");
     gtk_widget_modify_font (textview, font_desc);
     pango_font_description_free (font_desc);
  ]

But, the same is not working for GtkText.

2)

  Applying style to GtkTextView is
  [  rc_style = gtk_rc_style_new ();
     rc_style->bg_pixmap_name[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] =
                            gx.bg_pixmap_filename;
     gtk_widget_modify_style (textview, rc_style);
   ]

This one is working for GtkText and Not working for
GtkTextView.

Can anybody please help to understand why it working
for one widget and *not working for another widget* ?

thanks in advannce

RAM

      Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups