Gtk_Paned position and signals

When the position of a VPaned or HPaned object is changed (IE, via
clicking and dragging with the mouse) is a signal emitted?  If so, which
one?  I've been playing with signals for a while now like the
'move-handle' signal, the 'configure-event' signal, and the 'drag-end'
signal with none matching the desired result.  Basically, what I want to
do is remember the position of the Paned widget after the position is
changed so that when that window is opened again (after being
destroyed), the positions remain identical.  Thanks!

Andrew