Menu bar items without icon indent

Hi,

I'm wanting to make a menu-bar item without any offset allocated due to
"toggle-size" (space left to line up all GtkMenuItems icons /
accelerators).

What I want to implement is something which looks like the screen-shot
here:

http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/Menus

For gnome-panel.

Am I right in thinking that I'll have to make a GtkMenuItem subclass to
override the allocation I give to my label child?

Secondly, is there any easy way to use the existing widgets and achieve
the indenting effect as shown in the above linked screenshot?

(If not - custom subclass again, right?)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,