Re: progress bar not updating in gtk+-2.14.5

Larry Reaves <larry yrral net> writes:

It works here with the latest Ubuntu (gtk+ 2.14.4), so if it is a

Hi Larry,

Thanks a lot for trying it out.

regression, it was introduced in 2.14.5. (Or Ubuntu has a patch that
covers it up.)  A quick glance at the changelog for 2.14.5 didn't show
anything obvious to me, but I'm far from an expert.

Chisheng:
Try a gtk_widget_queue_draw(GTK_WIDGET(pbar)) after your call to

Calling gtk_widget_queue_draw after setting the fraction in the timeout
makes no difference: the progress bar remains empty with GTK+ 2.14.5.

set_fraction and see if that helps.  Also, I'm assuming your callback is
working properly (you see the numbers scrolling in the console).

Yes, the timeout works properly and the numbers are printed out in the
console.

Best wishes,

-cph