Re: programmatic screenshots?

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 08:51 -0800, Garth's KidStuff wrote:
I'm runnign a Gtk++ app under ubuntu 8.04 and I'd liek to take a screenshot
from inside the app.  Any hints?

We used an adaptation of the gnome-screenshot code in gnome-utils's
gnome-screenshot/gnome-screenshot.c

It is *very * voodoo (in the sense that it makes all kinds of low level
X calls which aren't the sort of thing that us mere mortal application
developers using GTK have to know about, usually) but works quite
nicely, especially the fact that it captures window decorations and adds
a nice drop shadow. Pity it isn't out there in library form, but c'est
la vie.

AfC
Sydney