Re: programmatic screenshots?

Hi.

This function in quite new addition to gtk - it is only available in
gtk 2.14. Maybe your gtk is not recent enough?

2008/12/2  <dhkuhl optonline net>:
----- Original Message -----From: Stefan Kost Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 2:29 amSubject: Re:
programmatic screenshots?To: Garth's KidStuff Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org> Garth's KidStuff schrieb:>
Hey All,> >> > I'm runnign a Gtk++ app under ubuntu 8.04 and I'd liek to take > a screenshot> > from
inside the app.  Any hints?> >> > Thanks in advance.> >> > -Garth> >> >   >
http://buzztard.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/buzztard/trunk/buzztard/tests/bt-check.c?view=markup> look at
check_make_widget_screenshot() at the bottom. Please > note that> it cannot capture window-decorations :/.>
Stefan> _______________________________________________> gtk-app-devel-list mailing list>
want a screenshot, but want to capture an image of the program you're running try using
gtk_widget_get_snapshot().  The link is:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-get-snapshot .Make the first parameter
your toplevel window and the second NULL.  This should return a pixmap of the window at the time it was
called.  However, I couldn't get it to work because I don't have the gtk_widget_get_snapshot() function
anywhere; it's not in any of the header file that I saw.  If you or anyone knows where this function is I'd
like to know:  it looks useful.Dave