Re: Divided notebooks...

sÃn, 31 08 2008 kl. 05:23 -0400, skrev Freddie Unpenstein:
GTK provides the facility to have a GtkNotebook without tabs.  But as
far as I can tell, it doesn't provide the facility to have tabs
without the notebook pages.  It seems somehow strange to me, and
causes people to hack together their own button bars that function
vaguely like Notebook tabs but nowhere near as functional, consistent,
or in many cases accessible either.  My question is whether there's a
better way to achieve the same functionality.

Most of the time I believe that separated tabs and pages are
unintuitive, however for two cases I believe it is currently nessesary
as a hack: When you don't want a border around your pages, and when you
want widgets next to the tabs (like the close button in older firefox).
While the former is being resolved in the latest gtk's using a new
property, I don't see much progress for the latter.
In my app, PyChess, I use one notebook for tabs and 5 for pages, which
switch synchronously. This is done in order to preserve the
VPaned/HPaned layout through pages.

--
Best Regards,
Med Venlig Hilsen,

Bomb, Riksdagen, Regeringen, DÃd, Terror, Mord, Planer,
Muslimska brÃdraskapet, Alluah akbar, KÃrnkraft
Stop the Swedish surveillance: stoppafralagen.nu