Question about vte and directfb.

Hi,
        I wanted to make a simple terminal using framebuffer.
I compiled all things that needed, and used gtk-demo to test. It seems that the screen was "lazy update", I chose one thing after another , the old highlight only disappeared when I moved the mouse on it again. Then I used vte. The program seemed fine with xorg. But with directfb, the screen did not update. I switched to a tty (Alt+Fx), then switched back, the screen updated for once.
        Was there any mistake I have taken?

Thanks.