Re: Gtkfilechooser question

On Saturday 23 August 2008 15:26:55 Martin (OpenGeoMap) wrote:
Hi:

GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SELECT_FILE_FOLDER

action but i doubt the gtk people will implement
it for me :-).

I don`t see any reason to implement that in gtk. I believe you have
design your own widget

Regards.

Hi,
In my opinion there would be some reasons to implement it
as this is a feature that could be useful in many cases.
The fact that this feature is missing is a needless limitation
to a tool that already has the capabilities to do that built in.
There are examples for the need of this feature also in other OSes:
the gui of Nero essentials pops up, after clicking on add,
a standard win file chooser dialog that allows to add files and/or folders.
The KDE open files dialog has it to...
I think there could be more examples....
Last but not least the previous GtkFileSelection interface
had this feature already and after deprecating it in my
opinion it should be natural to offer in the replacement
interface at least the same features as in the previous.

Thanks for your response and best regards,
Tito