Re: Why isn't my custom widget getting mapped?

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 00:19 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:

[snip]

What might I have neglected to do (or unwittingly done) that would
result in this?

The problem here was that I thought GtkBin was doing more for me than it
actually does and I wasn't overriding a few necessary functions. As it
turns out I wasn't really benefiting from using the GtkBin at all. I
switched to deriving from GtkSocket instead; it gets mapped just fine
now. (The plug, unfortunately, still has issues.)

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden endoframe com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden jabber org>