Re: Setting widget styles

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 14:50 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:

As the docs refer to "style properties" I've tried calling
g_object_set_property(..., "cursor-aspect-ratio", ...) on the GtkRcStyle
but I got an error that the property name doesn't exist or something
like that.

style-properties are not g-object properties :/ And usually they are read-only.
It sucks because I fails to see why most apps ever would want to read them, if
they can't modify them ...

you obviously need to read them if you are implementing a widget and
you're using them to draw it following the current theme; that's the
whole point of having style properties in the first place. :-)

to answer the OP, the style properties are "writable" by writing a theme
for your application - either a file you ship with your application or a
string you embed in your source code.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--