gtk_file_chooser_button_new unexplicabile warnings

Hello. I am developing an application in Mandriva OS and I've got this
strange problem in my program : I'm using gtk_file_chooser_button_new
function to create a choose folder button from which i can choose a
directory where to save some files for example. It works but when I run the
application as root it gives me 2 identical warnings : "no such file or
directory". If I run the app as user then i won't receive this warnings. It
could be problem with permissions somewhere? Or what could be the problem
because I've tried a lot of methods to solve this problem but nothing good.