Re: Finding a widget in a Glade interface

Nicola Fontana wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:07:34 +0000
dhk <dhkuhl optonline net> wrote:

Jim George wrote:
I wasn't a fan of keeping the GladeXml object around due to the resources it used. Even though it's not as efficient as storing pointer, I wish I could just traverse up and down the the object tree for my pointer. I guess I'll be storing the pointers that I need. That would mean that after calling glade_xml_new() I need to call glade_xml_get_widget() on each object I will need and then save that pointer . . . right?

You don't need special API to traverse Gtk widgets, and GladeXml
is less than needed: just use GTK_IS_CONTAINER() and
gtk_container_get_children() or gtk_container_forall().

If you want to go from the leafs to the root, use
gtk_widget_get_parent().

Is gtk_container_get_children() suppose to return a list of all children including children of children down to the last leaf or just the immediate children? I only seem to get the immediate children. Will gtk_container_foreach() or gtk_container_forall() go down all levels to the last leaf or just the next level?

Thanks,
Dave