Re: Learning Glade

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Patrick Braga
<theunixgeek contact gmail com> wrote:
[...]
 > On 26/04/2008, Patrick Braga <theunixgeek contact gmail com> wrote:
 > > Hi, I'm a relative newcomer to GTK+ programming, but I've been using
 > >  GNU/Linux for about a year and a half, know it pretty well, and am
 > >  enjoying writing applications for it.
 > >
 > >  However, I feel it will be easier for me to write graphical applications
 > >  with an interface designer. The GNOME Library
 > >  (http://library.gnome.org/ ) wasn't very useful and I haven't been able
 > >  to find any decent, up-to-date tutorials on Glade.

this came up as google's third hit for "libglade":
   http://library.gnome.org/devel/libglade/unstable/

The first chapter "libglade programming basics" displays the 3 or so lines
of code it takes you to load a libglade interface, plus you have the refference
manual that follows.

The GtkBuilder manual, first hit on google for "gtkbuilder":
    http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.12/GtkBuilder.html

doesnt include a code example but its used in the same basic
way as libglade was used.

Cheers,
                    -Tristan