gtk_text_buffer_insert function does not insert the new text onto the text view buffer immediately?

Hi all,
I am writing a simple application with GTK+, I updated the text view
area with the text using "gtk_text_buffer_insert" function.
I am wondering why the new text was not displayed immediately on the
text view right after the line: gtk_text_buffer_insert (..., "new
text"); ?

The new text was displayed after the application has finished other
statements like: copying a big file...?

Could anyone point me out how can I display the new text value
immediately when the gtk_text_buffer_insert() function is called?
Thanks,
Soulivanh