ComboBox displaying data from a TreeStore

Hello

I have one question about a ComboBox displaying data from a TreeStore.
How can I make it to display the entire path? For example, when a
child is selected, I want it to display something like "/item n/subitem c/subitem xx" In the application that I'm working to, display only child name, the way ComboBox is doing now, would be very confusing. ( for example, displaying only "subitem xx" )

I've tried to make a custom CellRenderer, but there is a problem:
when the popup is displayed, it displays every item with the entire path.
For example, I open "item n" item and inside of it I want to see an item "subitem c", but with the custom CellRenderer, the subitem is rendered as "/item n/subitem c".

I'm thinking to write a custom widget inherited from ComboBox, and overriding the on_expose_event, but I have no idea how to determine the rectangle where I
should render the text; I don't want to overwrite it over the arrow.

Does anybody have any idea how can I solve this problem?

Thank you