Re: gtk + autoconf

I've written a gtk app which I'd like to distribute in source format
but I don't have too much experience with autoconf and friends. I
compile the program manually like this:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -g -O2 -MT myprog.o -MD -MP -MF
".deps/myprog.Tpo" `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -c -o myprog.o
myprog.c
gcc -g -O2 -o myprog myprog.o -lXrandr -lXrender -lX11 `pkg-config
--libs gtk+-2.0`

[...]
I got this by copying configure.ac from some other project. As you can
see the X dependencies are there but how do I put in the right gtk
flags and dependencies?

You use PKG_CHECK_MODULES with the gtk+-2.0 module, in the same way you
did for xrandr.

In general, you should use PKG_CHECK_MODULES for any module that works
with pkg-config. Check pkg-config --list-all to see these modules.

Thanks a lot for the tips everyone! I managed to get it working (actually it
was simpler than I thought).

Cheers,
Daniel