re: I'd like (working) printing sample code

Unfortunately, Ubuntu are terrible at packaging bug-fix releases. You
should subscribe yourself (and/or add a comment) to this Ubuntu bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtkmm2.4/+bug/197010<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtkmm2.4/+bug/197010>

If they don't provide the new version then you'll have to update to
Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy (currently in beta).

You might also try using jhbuild to create a completely up-to-date
development environment from svn sources.

Thanks tons.  I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 beta, recompiled, and printed the
first time I tried.

-Garth
--
Garth Upshaw