Re: How to write panel like GNOME-panel

You might want to start by downloading the source for gnome-panel, or for a-w-n.
gnome-panel: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gnome-panel/2.20/gnome-panel-2.20.0.1.tar.gz
a-w-n:  https://launchpad.net/awn

Both do more-or-less what you want to do. a-w-n is probably a better
place to start, as it doesn't use legacy libraries and is rather new
code (which means it doesn't do much except manage windows on a
"dock").