Re: GdkPixbuf object from stock icons

Hi!

Not so obviously.  The primary difficulty is that your
problem is ill-posed.  The stock icon look is affected by
theme, state and whatnot.  It can even differ for different
widgets.

   I know that and that is why i only using the stock icons where the
change of actual icon image doesn't make any difference to the user of
my app. i-e use GTK_STOCK_DIRECTORY to represent a directory.

So depending on your preferred amount of manual work you
have the choice of

  gtk_widget_render_icon()
  gtk_icon_set_render_icon()
  gtk_style_render_icon()

The most raw method is

  gtk_icon_theme_lookup_icon() +  gtk_icon_info_load_icon()

   I thought icon theme is different from stock icons?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali
FSF member#5124