which level (directfb or gtk++)shoud I use to draw image?

hello all

I am developing a media player on Linux. We choose the Gtk+ based on
DirectFB is our GUI library. But I wonder to know which level API
should be choosed when draw image on LCD, use Gtk+ object such as
GdkPixbuf, GdkImage and so on, or use IDirectFB,IDirectFBSurface and
so on? If I want to use the IDirectFB and IDirectFBSurface to draw
image on LCD, how can I get these interface from the GDK or Gtk+

Thanks for any kind help.