Re: Theory of good signal/event API design?

Robert Schwebel wrote:
On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 06:28:56PM +0200, Sander Marechal wrote:
Is there some theory, guidelines, tutorials, whatever about
designing an event/message system, especially about what
events/messages/signals to add at which locations?

Wouldn't that be an application for dbus?

Maybe. I did a bit of reading and it looks like bdus was created for
communication between applications and for os->application
communication, not for passing messages around within a single application.

But dbus or not, it still leaves me with the question:  Is there any
theory/guidelines to determine when my application should send out
signals (instead of adding them ad-hoc on an as-needed basis as I do now).

Kind regards,

--
Sander Marechal