Re: Building menus with UIManager

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 13:05 +0200, Bernhard Berger wrote:

2.) How to realize a recent file submenu?
What is the best and easiest way to realize a recent file submenu? I've
added an empty menu in the xml and "unset" the hide_if_empty
property of the action. I've noticed that the activate action is
triggered while the submenu opens. Do I have to merge new menu items in
the callback routine? But then I've to determine where the action was
triggered since the position of the recent file menu can change.

there's a C example of that here:

  http://www.gnome.org/~ebassi/recent-uimanager-inline.c

for both sub-menu and inline recent files list, using GtkUIManager and a
custom action.

with the next stable release of GTK+ there'll be a GtkRecentAction
available which will make the code far easier to write.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,