Regrading gtk thread

Hi,

I have two buttons using one button I start a thread and using the other button I want to stop this thread. I
get the following error when trying to do this :

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x26ad)!

How do I solve this error  and if there is a better way to do this ??

I am reading data from sockets in these threads.

any suggestions would be cerainly helpful

thanks
sohel