Re: Scrolledwindow, layout and drawing area

Hi Federico,

On 9/7/07, fzamperini tiscali it <fzamperini tiscali it> wrote:
other widgets (like side panes, menu bar etc.); I need zooming and
panning features, so I went for a scrolled window => layout =>
drawingarea.

Why do you need the layout? You can just put a drawingarea inside a
scrolledwindow. To zoom, just change the size of the drawing area and
queue a repaint.

To achieve zooming I handle the scroll event by scaling the original
size pixbuf and copying it to an off screen pixbuf that is copied on
the drawingarea in the expose_event handler.

This will waste a lot of memory in the X server. I would keep the
original image in your client program, then in the expose handler,
just zoom up the bit of the image you need.

John