Re: GtkScale GtkHScale with multiple sliders and values?

On 9/5/07, v4r4n <console cowboy gmail com> wrote:
I've been trying to figure out how to create a GtkHScale that would let the
user determine the beginning, middle, and/or end of a single data set.

Ideally the sliders could effect each other, but the overall size of the
scale wouldn't need to change.

I'd just put three sliders into a vbox.

Do it model-view-style to avoid feedback. So you have a data structure
with three ints for start/middle/end and methods called set_start(),
set_middle() and set_end() that change the values and enforce your
constraints (start < middle < end I guess).

Each method finishes by signalling to the three sliders to update
themselves, each slider responds to it's own "value_changed" signal by
calling the appropriate method, and responds to "changed" from the
model (your three ints) by updating itself and blocking it's own
"value_changed" signal for that update only.

John