GtkWidget inside a GtkMenuItem

Hi,

I want to pack a GtkHScale inside a GtkMenuItem, I knew from the beggining that this was not going to work but... what a %"·$$! I did this with the gtk_container_add function BUT the GtkHScale widget does not appears to be receiving signals, like if it's in insensitive state.

Is there something I could do to make the widget inside the GtkMenuItem to work? Is there a GtkWidgetMenuItem implemented somewhere? Please Help!

Thanks in advance.

Matías