Re: debugging GTK application

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 17:55 +0300, AlannY wrote:
Hi there. I have some problem with gdb and GTK+.

My program crashes with SIGSEGV (you know) and I want to find where is
mistake, but GTK+ don't allow it.

So...
1) Open GTK+ window (it's alright)
2) Run gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new(...)

On second step "gdb" (you know that amazing tool) are "hangs". It's buzz
and I can't run program step-by-step.

Is there any normal way for debugging GTK+ applications?

try breaking at the routine where you think the problem lies, maybe a
bit of backtrace can help. Most of the times you may be passing some
NULL value and BOOM!..

(gdb) bt
..and there you go..

Regards,