Re: GtkTextBuffer crashes

AlannY wrote:
Hi there.

I have trouble in my program.

First of all, I'm using latest GTK and got many assertion in console
when using GtkTextBuffer.

Second. I have 2 threads. First one is a gtk_main_loop. Second one is my
(pthread) thread. In second thread I'm trying to set this:

gtk_text_buffer_set_text(window.buffer, "", -1);
gtk_text_buffer_get_start_iter(window.buffer, &iter);
gtk_text_buffer_insert_with_tags(window.buffer, &iter, "Some text", -1,
bold, NULL);
gtk_text_buffer_insert_at_cursor(window.buffer, "Another text", -1);

Then I got many assertions, aborts and segmentation faults:

Gtk-ERROR **: file gtktextlayout.c: line 1113 (get_style): assertion
failed: (layout->one_style_cache == NULL)
Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_layout_real_invalidate: assertion
`layout->wrap_loop_count == 0' failed

Is there any idea on how to solve this problem?

Also I have that error:

Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid text buffer iterator: either the iterator is
uninitialized, or the characters/pixbufs/widgets in the buffer have been
modified since the iterator was created.
You must use marks, character numbers, or line numbers to preserve a
position across buffer modifications.
You can apply tags and insert marks without invalidating your iterators,
but any mutation that affects 'indexable' buffer contents (contents that
can be referred to by character offset)
will invalidate all outstanding iterators