Re: How to make a button look like a treeview column title? [Was: How to use the treeview column title style for a button?]

Kristian Rietveld wrote:
On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:53:29PM +0200, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
Something like this seems to work for me:

  button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("...");
  style = gtk_rc_get_style_by_paths (gtk_widget_get_settings (button),
                                     "*.GtkTreeView.GtkButton",
                                     NULL,
                                     G_OBJECT_TYPE (button));
  gtk_widget_set_style (button, style);
<snip>
I guess I need to trick the theme engine into thinking that it is drawing a GtkTreeView button. Is there a way to do that? If the method would be engine-dependent, I need it to work on MS Windows.

That is exactly what the code above tries to achieve.
<snip>

The reason why this is not going to work (for the windows theme at least, GTK+ 2.10) is a hard-coded check on the type of widget->parent in draw_box() on line 1929 of msw_style.c:

       if (GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (widget->parent)
       || GTK_IS_CLIST (widget->parent))
       {
           if (xp_theme_draw
           (window, XP_THEME_ELEMENT_LIST_HEADER, style, x, y,
            width, height, state_type, area))
           return;