Problem with gtk threads...

hi,
I am creating a threaded Gtk Application where threads
are used for doing some time consuming computations.
From the threads, I need to update the UI. I have surrounded
the Gtk code with gdk_threads_enter() and gdk_threads_leave().
The code works fine, however I have encountered two instances
where the application hangs:

1) when I try to create and show a pop_up window from the thread,
in the line gtk_window_show(pop_up_window).

2) when I update the contents of the treeview using list_store_set, in the
line gtk_tree_view_set_model(....)

Anyone has any idea why this happens?

Thanks in advance,
Suma  H S

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Contact your Administrator for further information.