drawing in a not-callback-function

Hi,

i'm just beginning to collect some experience with gtk+ and glade.

My goal is to draw regularly a circle on an other position. I think the
right way doing this, is to use a timer-function. It should be something
like this:

gint draw_satellite( gpointer data )
{
gdk_draw_points( widget->window, gc_earth, (GdkPoint
*)&orbit_satellite[j], 1 );
        satellite_position++;
}

gtk_timeout_add( 100, draw_satellite, NULL );

My problem is, that i can't imaging, how i can access the
"widget-window".
In a normal callback-function i get this value by a call of reference.

Any help?
Thanks in advance.

Daniel Dieterle.